Sunday 20 March 2016

Knees, holes and Grand Slams

19 March 2016 Work day at Retford & Worksop Boat Club

Yesterday was busy: Knee consultant wants me to have three injections a week in my knee, as two arthroscopies and a steroid injection still leave them throbbing - lucky boy! I have now lost 5kg on my Lenten diet, so this should help, hopefully.

Then it was Work Day at Retford and Worksop Boat Club, clearing tree branches and trench digging for water pipes, followed by watching the Six Nations Rugby. I had a look through the front weed hatch to see if there was any blockage, plus checked to see if there was a way to lubricate the hydraulic bow thruster - apparently not.

A pleasant evening meal with friends meant I was up at 6.30 to watch England beat a strong French team fairly narrowly to win the Grand Slam deservedly. We took our chances better than they took theirs, thank goodness! :)

Today I am Pontius Pilate in our Palm Sunday service mini-play (instead of the epistles): Promotion! I am usually type-cast as Barrabas (or is that next week ..).
Have a good Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment